Press and media
Holcim (US) Inc. to Exhibit at ConExpo-Con/AGG
Holcim (US) will exhibit at the CONEXPO-CON/AGG, March 22-26, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
Holcim (US) Partners with U.S. Department of Energy
Holcim (US) Inc. announced today that it has partnered with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by taking a pledge to reduce its industrial energy intensity by 25 percent over a 10-year period.
Five Holcim (US) Inc. Plants receive EPA’s Energy Star®
Holcim (US) Inc. announced today that for the third consecutive year, two of their plants – Devil’s Slide in Morgan, UT and Theodore in Theodore, AL – have earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (“EPA") prestigious ENERGY STAR®. In addition, three of Holcim (US) plants are first time recipients of the award. Those plants are Ste. Genevieve in Bloomsdale, MO, Trident in Three Forks, MT, and Holly Hill in Holly Hill, SC. The ENERGY STAR® is the national symbol for protecting the environment through superior energy performance.
Holcim acquires several aggregates operations and ready-mix concrete plants in Switzerland and France
Holcim, together with a partner, acquires 8 aggregates pits and quarries and 4 ready-mix concrete plants in Alsace (France) and 4 ready-mix concrete plants in the Basle area (Switzerland) from Lafarge as of January 2011. This strategically attractive acquisition will allow Holcim (Schweiz) AG and...
Media release on third quarter 2010
Stable volume development in all segments and higher net sales - operating EBITDA similar to the previous year's nine months
- In many emerging markets demand for construction materials grew
- Economic and seasonal influences negatively impacted operating EBITDA in the third quarter
- Overall stable volume development, but increased price pressure in cement
- Trend toward higher variable production and distribution costs
- Substantially lower fixed costs
- Operating EBITDA similar to the previous year's nine months
- Net income continued to be impacted by the non-recurring cash-neutral tax charge in connection with the restructuring of the Group's interests in North America in the first quarter