Press and media
Media Release: Annual Results 2011
Holcim sold more cement, aggregates and ready-mix concrete, despite some adverse market conditions. On a like-for-like basis, the Group increased net sales, and operating EBITDA reached the previous year’s level. Cash-neutral impairments reduced Group net income. Clearly improved fourth quarter. Organic growth expected at operating EBITDA level in 2012.
In the fourth quarter of 2011, Holcim charges extraordinary cash-neutral impairments of CHF 775 million against net income after tax.
- Financial restructuring agreement relating to AfriSam (South Africa) leads to an impairment charge.
- Weak demand for construction materials and insufficient production capacity utilization rates in Spain, parts of Eastern Europe, and the US prompt impairment charges.
- Payout potential for the 2011 financial year remains unchanged.
Media release on third quarter 2011
- Better results in third quarter and organic growth in four of the five Group regions
- Higher sales volumes in cement, aggregates and ready-mix concrete over nine months and in the third quarter
- Latin America and Asia/Pacific on growth path
- Europe and North America lack key stimuli
- As of end of September, operating EBITDA impacted by CHF 458 million, due to the strong Swiss franc
- Declining operating EBITDA as per end of September due to cost increases which could not yet be passed on completely to sales prices
- For the current financial year, Holcim expects a like-for-like operating EBITDA that will be close to last year’s level
Thirteen Holcim Facilities Celebrate Safety
Holcim (US) Inc. announced today that 13 of its facilities across the US achieved a milestone in employee safety, specifically no lost time injuries (LTI), during August and September 2011.
People-focused Designs at the Heart of Sustainable Construction
Holcim Awards Winners for North America Announced in Washington, D.C.