The 2022 recipients are:
- Alexandra Eilertson, daughter of Sheree Eilertson, environmental manager in Moorhead, Minnesota
- Serena Garcia, daughter of Mario Garcia, quarry technician in Bloomsdale, Missouri
- Makayla Kamyszek, daughter of Greg Kamyszek, production coordinator in Alpena, Michigan
- Ailee McFarland, daughter of Brad McFarland, performance manager in Addison, Texas
- Mikaela Quintana, daughter of Robert Quintana, market manager in Addison, Texas
- Ruth Saenz, daughter of Carolina Ruiloba, category manager in Middleton, Massachusetts
- Madison Timmreck, daughter of Todd Timmreck, quarry operator in Alpena, Michigan
- Kelsey Worth, daughter of Ashley Worth, administrative assistant in Presque Isle, Michigan
“Investing in the education of the next generation is critical, and with the rising costs of higher education, scholarships are more important than ever to help reduce the impact and assist in these students’ success,” said Jay Moreau, CEO, US ACM. “We’re proud to offer this important benefit for our employees. With this program, we’re supporting the next generation of builders of progress.”
This scholarship was established in 1983 to recognize the accomplishments of the children of Holcim employees. The award honors the memories of Hans Gygi and arc R. von Wyss, two former leaders of Holcim and its predecessor companies.
Each winner will receive a financial scholarship worth $6,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year and will be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship for an additional three years based on continuous academic performance. Since the Foundation began nearly 40 years ago, more than 200 young adults have received the Gygi and von Wyss Foundation Scholarship.
Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is the company behind some of the world’s most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
In the United States, Holcim, includes close to 350 sites in 43 states and employs 7,000 people. Our customers rely on us to help them design and build better communities with innovative solutions that deliver structural integrity and eco-efficiency.