Holcim US Recognized by Slag Cement Association with Multiple Awards
- Holcim US Recognized by Slag Cement Association with Multiple Awards
Chicago, Ill., April 10, 2023 – Continuing its industry award streak, Holcim US, received ten “Slag Cement in Sustainable Concrete Awards” from the Slag Cement Association (SCA). Holcim was recognized for its sustainable contributions to multiple projects at the SCA’s awards ceremony, held in conjunction with the Spring American Concrete Institute Convention in San Francisco.
“We’re proud that the Slag Cement Association has recognized our contributions to major projects with the Slag Cement in Sustainable Concrete Awards. From its use in city roads and infrastructure, to Amazon’s HQ2 and the ONE 22 One Office Tower, Holcim NewCem® slag cements provide our customers with a low-carbon high performing cement product that support sustainability goals,” said Patrick Cleary, SVP, Cement Sales at Holcim US. “These awards underscore that we all have a role to play in driving sustainable building for future generations.”
Since 2010, the SCA has honored the exceptional use of slag cement in concrete construction. Through its Slag Cement in Sustainable Concrete Awards Program, the association selects award winners in categories such as: Architectural, Durability, Infrastructure, High Performance, Innovative Applications and Lower Carbon Concrete.
Holcim earned awards in five categories for outstanding work incorporating slag cement into unique projects, including:
- Boston University Center for Computing & Data Sciences
Lower Carbon Concrete
- Red Barn Wind Farm in Montfort, Wisconsin
- 55H Street – Georgetown Graduate Student Hall, Washington, DC
- Ford Homes Historic District – Pavement Restoration, Dearborn, Michigan
- SOFIE Interior Alteration for PETtrace Cyclotron Bunker, Haverhill, Massachusetts
- Metropolitan Park Phase 7 and 8, Arlington, Virginia
- Hunts Point Interstate Access Improvement Project, New York City
- ONE 22 ONE Office Tower, Nashville, Tennessee
- LA 1 Port Allen bridge replacement, Port Allen, Louisiana
- Argentine Main Pump Station, Kansas City, Kansas
These wins follow Holcim’s Contractor’s Choice win at CONEXPO-CON/AGG in the inaugural Next Level Awards Program and an Innovative Project Award win at the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s (NRMCA) 2023 Concrete Innovations Awards. The awards support the company’s position as a trusted partner for sustainable construction.